Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend in Mui Ne.

This weekend we headed to Mui Ne...one of the best beaches in Vietnam...so Lonely Planet and our co-teachers said. Sighhh. Ok so it wasn't that bad just slightly disappointing. First it took us 4 hours to reach the resort town of Mui Ne. Most of that 4 hours was spent trying to navigate this massive bus through a tiny one lane highway. The resort was very cute...beautiful gardens and lovely bungalow rooms. The day was quite hazy so the sun had difficulties shining through. The actual beach was quite sad...due to beach erosion the town had a very narrow strip of white sand left. Although the day was quite blah I was determined to make the best of it....so I ordered two very strong pina colada's and enjoyed the afternoon by relaxing, reading, and listening to the sounds of the crashing waves.




After a few hours of reading my book I looked up at the sky only to find a massive storm cloud rolling in. Although it was dark and angry looking...I threw my middle finger up to it and said "F U I ain't moving until it pours." I continued to sip my drink and read my book!





You'd be happy to know that I did not let that rain cloud ruin my "Day at the Beach." Stayed on my lounge chair until massive rain drops forced me to go inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment