Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Fine Arts Museum



You all know how I like to get my art on. Thought I'd try and be somewhat cultural and explore the artistic side of Ho Chi Minh City. Apparently they have a pretty raging up and coming art scene here. There are many impressive art galleries all over the city. I would LOVE to get a painting of the Buddha to hang up in my house (...eehhh excuse me I mean room...boo.) The group and I decided to check out The Fine Art Museum. The following are some pictures from the visit.











The Fine Arts Museum of Ho Chi Minh City is housed in beautiful yet run down white and yellow colonial style villa built in the early 20th century by a wealthy Chinese business man. It has a small but interesting collection encompassing everything from contemporary art, politically charged art, and older art and artifacts dating back from the 4th century. The art below along with others was displayed in the main hallway. The artwork was done by young students who study art. The subject of the paintings was to show life in Vietnam.




1 comment:

  1. I love that first sculpture. Very interesting. It looks like you really are having a good time. The museum looks interesting. Get yourself that Buddha!

    ReplyDelete