Friday, July 29, 2011

Graduation & Closing Performances

Today was my last day as a teacher here at SEAMEO RETRAC in Ho Chi Minh City...my work is done. It was a great way to end my time at the school. The students were adorable in their wacky cap, gown, and bow tie. Their parents, who were all so lovely, came up to the teachers to express their gratitude for us taking an interest in their children. The performances were great and the amazing energy in the room made it even better. Each teacher was introduced to the audience...I felt like I was at the dance recital...my name was called and the students started screeaming, yelling, and chanting...Ms. E-Ri-Ca. I'm even a celebrity in Saigon! After the ceremony was over a mad rush of students came at us begging for our signatures on the back of their diplomas. I was asked by the director to give a speach about my experience at SEAMEO and tell the audience what I have been thankful for. It was such a beautiful and heart warming experience. I feel blessed to have been given this opportunity. My co-teacher Ms. Hang
My Vietnamese Director at SEAMEO - Mrs. Lieu and her daughter Susan







My Thank You note to the students and the program



4 comments:

  1. Yey!!!!!! What a great job you did!!! So exciting! They look adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Erica,
    Im so proud of you. To see all that you've accomplished there and to see how much you've grown as a person. You seem to have gained a greater sense of self worth, which I couldn't be happier about, as well as some independence. You are in your element as a teacher, dance instructor, and as a general example of how to be and live. This is why the staff and students collectively love you. By the faces of the students alone, you should feel a sense of accomplishment. Your an amazing person and I hope now you see what I've seen and known all along. Now come home and put a smile on my face cause I miss you something terrible. I can't wait to see you. Loving and missing you, your man, Seanie B

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job as usual Erica and we are so proud of you. You put your all into everything you do. Come home safe, you have been missed!! There may be some BBQ chicken in your future.

    love, Meg

    ReplyDelete