Monday, July 18, 2011

My Tho Central Market

The My Tho Central market is at the heart of the My Tho Province...otherwise know as the "Gateway to the Mekong." This outdoor market place has more of an appearance of a makeshift shanty town then a successful business operation. Like the rest of the markets I've been to, the streets are filled with stalls selling everything from fresh foods to electronics. The main hub of the market are the fresh food sellers. Just by showing off my dazzling smile I was able to sample many exotic fruits for free...apparently to the South Vietnamese I have a lovely face ;). Although it was interesting to check out the various food stall...the ground was disgustinggg. Every step I took squisheddd under my foot. Animal parts, empty shells, dirty water and exhaust fumes have been mixed together to form a muddy coating over the streets.

One of my free samples...forgot what it was called..but it tasted exactly like an orange.


Just many of the various goods being sold...please notice the blue/ purple chickens and animal organs...mmmm yummyyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment