Sunday, July 10, 2011

How Do You Shop In Mass Chaos???

I visited the Binh Tay Market this past Saturday and was blown away by the mass chaos of it all. I so desperately wanted to capture the atmosphere and pulse of this market but unfortunately my pictures do it no justice. This place was f-ing insane!!!! The market is at the center of the Chinese district in Saigon...yesss...Vietnam has a Chinatown too! I have never seen so much crap in my entire life. Row after row, stall after stall merchandise was stacked from the floor to the ceiling. You could literally find anything you want here...food, housewares, accessories, clothes, electronics, blah blah blah. Walking through the market was an experience all on its own....it was claustrophobic and chaotic mixed with a smell I can't even describe to you. Forget about leisurely browsing...these shoppers mean business and they will have NO problem pushing you out of the way or running you over with their charts. This place is not for the faint of heart...I barely made it out alive!










No comments:

Post a Comment