Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Green.



This past weekend...as you know by now...I visited the Mekong Delta. Our Co-Teacher/Tour Guide Jen (Trangh...her Vietnamese name) took us to her parents farm in what she called the countryside. Don't be fooled people...this is not rolling quite hills that we associate "countryside" with...This was full on jungle! Everything around you is either green or brown, roads are not paved, you have to climb through thick brush, the air is thick with humidity. It's the jungle and it's beautiful! Breathtaking and quite, I just wanted to lay down on the ground and look up at it all...but then I remembered that it's crawling with massive bugs and snakes! Doing my best "I'm the King of the World" impression in the rice paddie while roommates look on...apparently unamused.












No comments:

Post a Comment